Off Road Vehicle Registration Info

As of Nov 1, 2015 all off road vehicles are required to be registered and display a registration plate or sticker. The one time registration fee is $48.00.At time of registration you must provide proof of ownership and pay any applicable taxes.

  • 12% tax charged if purchased July 1 2010 - present

  • 7% PST charged if purchased before July 1 2010

  • If you gift your bike to a family member they are exempt from the 7% PST. Provide the FIN319 Gift of a Vehicle form to your insurance broker along with a bill of sale for the bike or a Notary statement of ownership.

To off load in a parking area or cross a highway at a controlled crossing you must also purchase an insurance sticker for your plate which will cost $50.00 for one year of basic insurance coverage.

Off Road Vehicles are not given full access to operate on forest service roads unless they are insured against third party liabilities for a minimum amount of $200,000. Third party liability can be purchased at your agent or through BCORMA in conjunction with a Platinum Trail Pass.

  • The advantage of the BCORMA insurance is the rider is insured on any bike or ATV.

  • Agency insurance - insures the bike or ATV

Off Road Vehicles are not required to have third party liability insurance to operate on Crown Land or private land but it is recommended.
Registration Info Website

Forest Service Road Requirements


Sarah Williams